PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher Airlines' pilots air their grievances for not getting paid for two months
Old 17th Dec 2011, 16:16
Capt Turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this is not a kindergarten game, this is contractual stuff among professionals. When you resign - give notice - it does not mean "I may go in 6 month if I am not happy then", it means "I want out asap with my contractual (typically 1 month) pay".
The 6 month "cooling period" is just a strange DGCA rule, which - if contested in court - is very unlikely to hold water in the actual case of contract default by the airline ( breach of payment).
What Kingfisher has done is NOT "sacking" 60 pilots but waiving the DGCA rule and the 1 month notice period. This puts the company on firm legal ground - PROVIDED THEY PAY THE NOTICE PERIOD SALARY - which they have not done so far to any ex-KFA pilots as far as I know.
Of the 300+ expat pilots being fired the last three years I have heard of nobody receiving their full final salary, so the last 60 pilots are unlikely to get their final salary, either. I understand a class act lawsuit is finally in preparation.

The pilot tax scam in KFA is the real scandal as it was under way even when VJM bragged about his "deep pockets". It has now come to light that that is exactly where the money deducted from the pilots went: into his deep pockets. Can he claim ignorance? Of course not; no functional manager in this airline will sneeze unless sanctioned by VJM.

All airlines worldwide (except a handful) have had difficult years, but no airline management has demonstrated such criminal lack of morale as we see in Kingfisher. Sanjay Aggarwal may have just realized the hornetīs nest he inherited and the consequences for him if he stays.
In his shoes I would also be running scared as fast as I possible can before the backward juridical system in India promotes me to "senior scapegoat" to let VJM go home free.
Head of HR going? Great news (if true). There you have a real culprit...Donīt let her off the hook.

T