PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots warn about Turkish Airline in Danish news paper Politikken
Old 17th Dec 2011, 13:52
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I am concerned the biggest aviation disaster that was directly affected by CRM has occured in Tenerife, so personally if I were Dutch I would strike a more modest tone regarding such topics. (Toch RJ?)

I've personally flown in Greece and can imagine that their mentalities (THY vs OA) are the same (Although their fatality rates are not), because as much as they don't want to admit it; they're very similar in their culture (southern macho) and it does reflect in the cockpit. Very nice country, very nice food and people, but still a long way to go in the CRM aspect of the operation. Turkey is not alone in this area so our colleagues in THY shouldn't feel too disenfranchised. Let's not forget, not all accidents are due to pilot error.

As far as I understand it both Olympic and Turkish are doing a lot to improve their CRM situation. It's not going to happen over night, but I'll happily take my chances both with OA and THY.

Last edited by drfaust; 17th Dec 2011 at 14:16.