PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What if you can only have a London base
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2011, 11:42
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am curious what "obne qualified" means?

It is very difficult to answer your question other than in a general way.

A prospective pilot that gives any indication that their flexibility doesn't extend to being based anywhere other than one location would be very unlikely to progress beyond the interview stage. In fact they would be very unlikely to get to the interview stage if that stipulation were obvious beforehand.

Airlines as a business, need employees who can be flexible. Bases can change and employees may need to be redistributed as market conditions change, or as future promotion opportunities arise.

Far better I would suggest, to base your acceptance of a potential offer on the base that is actually offered, rather than stipulating it beforehand. Even if a particular base were to be offered, the employer would be very wary of the potential problems a subsequent change would cause them as a business in your particular case.

I absolutely understand the desirability and sometimes the necessity or importance of being in a particular location, however if it was my son or daughter asking me this question my reply would be " Poor choice of career if that is a prime stipulation at onset."

It will not only restrict your potential opportunities, but I would suggest severley so, unless the stipulation is removed. Again far better for you to turn down an offer rather than preventing that offer ever being made.