PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2011, 07:35
worldrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys, I got the message but I am going for the A330, if I wanted the A320 I'd rather fly it home.

Now that you are in the forum, please give your piece of info on Hainan, and also if you think it is helpful any relative latest CAAC info.

For example, I heard it takes a while for the CAAC to do the license check (after you get through everything else and accepted by the airline).
How long is it really, and can I bring an official report from my issuing authority in order to facilitate things (translated-stamped etc etc), what is it that they are asking for? Just license validity and authenticity, or is it a background check like the FAA guys do sometimes?

This will be probably around April (I will be coming in Feb-Mar the earliest, so I guess 2 more months to reach this point), so we will have the new EASA licenses by then. It might take a while to go through the central JAA/EASA license office (right during the transition period). I guess they do not plan that long ahead.....

By the way, although some of you guys get a bit furious in your responds, you still help in your way with all the bits of info. Thanks again, you are really helping me make my decision.
I think I'll try my luck there.

You might have been away from EU for a while, but I can tell you things don't look too good here. It always looks greener on the other side but from a professional perspective (only) its not green.
As long as my family can have a good level of living, I don't mind flying somewhere different and "difficult" as long as the planes do not fall apart.
I'll handle the rest, besides that's what they'll be paying me for.

Cheers