PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I stay or should I go ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2011, 23:01
brutale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to get scholarship that covers training costs, accommodation and food. They are not asking me for any favor after finishing school.
So answer to your question is : i`m not paying school and I dont have job guarantee. Still I have to pay for some of mine living costs and plane tickets back home(which is less important ).

Course includes exactly same modules as JAA approved schools do.. so its 14 subjects.. and fATPL, ME, IR/SE, IR/ME and MCC. After finishing school I will have around 180-200 hours on SE and around 40 hours of ME.

I think that I`m well informed, and my biggest fear is getting job.. I heard that big gulf companies such as Etihad, Emirates and Qatar Airways wont take pilot without at least 1500 hours. And without any income I cant afford luxury of sitting somewhere for months and months waiting for any kind of job.

Please understand my situation, if I could maintain same living standard in ME while studying as I have home.. I would go without thinking. But if I spend my parents savings and 2 years of my life studying something that I wont be able to use.... well that would probably be irresponsible move..

And thank you guys so much for your time.