PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHC Diktat bans personal cameras?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2011, 19:14
Jimlad1

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
"
Any reason why it shouldn't be? "

To be clear, I have no connection at all to JHC or the security world. I am uncomfortable with this being discussed for the following reasons.

Firstly, its a rumour, which suggests someone has either a score to settle or is trying to force someones hand - personally I think its highly unprofessional to try and do something like this via the Internet, and not through established channels.

Secondly, if its on the verge of being released, and if this gets media attention, then the person drafting it may end up in a world of hurt and unwarranted attention, because people who aren't fully sighted on issues have chosen to have a rant about it, rather than pick up the phone and talk through the issue with the policy maker. Someones career may be about to have a very unpleasant period of unwelcome attention, because someone chose to post a duty rumour on the net.

Finally, I'm old fashioned in that I don't think its appropriate to use forums like this to post rumours on security related policies, which are often introduced for bloody good reasons, and not simply to give someone the excuse to whinge.

I'd like to think that if I had an issue with a policy which directly impacted on my day job (and not wider UK defence policy issues), I would be professional enough to raise my concerns within the established system, rather than on the whole internet.