PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U2: Number of flight deck staff easyjet
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2011, 17:24
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,
does anynone know how many pilots U2 has?
I heard about 1,200 can this be true? think that's quite a lot for it's size.
Well since you ask, the OP (original poster) caused enormous consternation amongst everyone here by the above question! I thought 'I know they're big and HR (humungously rich), and that bloke does insist on wearing those ridiculous glasses (even meeting the Pope) everywhere that makes him look like a tit, but for a pop group to have 1200 pilots when he's always telling me to dip my hand in my pocket because they're dying in Africa of whatever's going does seem a tad excessive'. I then thought 'don't you just love it when a zillionaire twerp of a tax exile puts a guilt trip on ME for looking after Africa?' and how unfair life in general was. Then it comes out we're talking about EJ (Easyjet) and you start thinking 'I've been following aviation closely since 1967 and that one passed me by! U2=Easyjet? BT (bulls cojones)!'

Is there any other industry so beset with TLAs (three letter acronyms- or more)? I could fill pages with them! And they do waste time because it would be quicker to read it in full than go through this absurd 'now WTH (what the h) does that mean- as a true aviation person I should know that, so lets work it out- every time! GMD (get my drift?)?