PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2011, 13:01
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
I will take a break, try to find my reference, and return. The "a/c did not immediately climb.." was in reference to the PF's first aft stick, airecall. So it would be post box dump, first analysis, afaik.

It was as BEA first analysed the beginning of the fatal climb.
A few posts ago you were theorising a BEA cover up of "uncommanded climb" and now it's "did not climb when commanded". Which is it ? Can't have it both ways.

BEA went to great lengths to release (unprecedented, I think) public video of the search and recovery, including shots of serial numbers on the sea floor, recovery and storage with police/judicial oversight and multiple observers etc.

I think it is extremely unlikely the flight recorder data is faked, and certianly can't be subject to the same allegations as Asseline made. The data clearly shows commanded climb, and the simulation with the same commands results in the same crash (without turbulence input).

Aside from the loss of airspeed, that particular plane didn't fail on the night, and the crash was down to the pilot input. Whether or not there are design flaws that contributed to that pilot input is a different and more complex question.