PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pro Ifr Vancouver
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2011, 06:13
stiknruddr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked out pacific as well while i was at CZBB.

Pacific has a good fleet too and they have the redbird sims like Pro.

But their ground school is not that great in my opinion.
many of their students end up doing online ground school or joining Pro for the CPL ground school.
Also their weather minima's are as restrictive as Pro if not worse. I Dont blame them coz they had to tighten their rules a lot when one of their planes went down in the mountains nearby in summer of 2011(student and instructor both didn't make it).
The downside is that you are waiting for clear blue skies if you want to get a sign out for cross country and that can be frustrating.

However, none of these is the deal breaker.

The biggest problem with Pacific is the Diploma course they have going on with BCIT. The cadets from BCIT's Integrated CPL program come to Pacific for their flight training. These cadets come in large batches of 10 or more when the weather is good and Pacific gives them priority over all other students and tries to get them all airborne at once.
So, regular student's bookings are cancelled and the slots get handed to the BCIT cadets. Not a happy situation if u ask me.

The above is my personal opinion based on my visit to the school and interaction with a couple of students there. I would advise visiting them to see for yourself.
When you do visit, walk in without an appointment so that you get to see them in action rather than the dog and pony show that most schools put up.