PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2011, 02:16
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Since the merger, is there a fair and equitable distribution of the "good" patterns vs the multi-sector back of the clock freighter ops? If you are an expat, then mostly. In my experience. There are a few who are getting higher value months with mostly pax flying but those are limited to a handful.

2. Given the ongoing recruitment needs of AJX, is the internal upgrade process being impeded by the lack of crew? In other words, are guys not getting a start at command training because the company can't afford to take them offline as F/Os? I haven't noticed that. It seems that they are still putting people in for upgrade training.

3. Does one get to submit their preference for days off for each coming month and is it a case of take what you are given or is there some success in getting what you ask for?I ask each month for the days off I want and that is what I get. Some months they may ask you to move the days forward or back a couple of days but that is rare.

4. Previous posts indicate that the company pays correctly and on time and doesn't interfere with blocks of time off. Is that still the case?That is still the case.

5. Just to clarify: during initial training where does the limit on family visits come from? I assume that the cost of such airfares is at the pilot's expense anyway so in theory what is to stop a family visiting for less than 90 days then returning shortly after for another visit?the company pays for your spouse to visit twice and kids to visit once. How long they stay is up to you. My wife and kids stayed for 2 weeks the first time and then my wife stayed 10 days the second time. She could have stayed longer but had to get home for the kids. Just up to you really.

6. What is the typical (if there is such a thing) number of nights that one would be in Japan but not on a pattern and therefore paying for own accomm and expenses?I have been averaging about 10 nights per month in Narita.

7. One final Q: has AJX shown any effort to meaningfully address fatigue concerns about rosters since recent posts?They have rearranged some pairings to try and mitigate it but I am not convinced that it will be successful.