PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett administration could take years
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2002, 14:10
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

The frustrating part, is seeing all of this blatantly going on, but apparently being unable to do anything - like sitting in a canoe without a rudder, and being carried along toward a waterfall!!

Have only just now (whilst writing this post) read your EDITED reply, Buster. I must admit that I SINCERELY feel for all but about 200 of the 16,000 odd ex-AN staff - a HELLUVA number, but who seem to be wandering around aimlessly.ed by the nose by 2 accountants who are making themselves fantastically wealthy on YOUR entitlements!
And by the way, the smilies shown are EXACTLY as YOU posted in your original post, Buster.
Feel free to check,

Although quite vocal here on PPRuNe, your apparent INactivity is getting you absolutely nowhere! What is the point in expressing and canvassing opinions if you don't FOLLOW UP!!??
Unfortunately you (the Ansett employees) are now splintered - the best scenario that the M&M's could have wished for, knowing that no INDIVIDUAL would have the willpower or the resources (alone) to rein them in.

It's probably true,
It's also been reported that the two Marks often have 2 to 3 hour lanch sic breaks
So what? And almost certainly they're charging them out at " $359 an hour" - PLUS they're probably also claiming the meals as a tax deduction.
But who's going to do anything about it??!!

My honest guess is (that) ex-Ansett employees will be LUCKY if they see 60 cents in the dollar of what they're owed.......in about 1 1/2 to 2 years.

The biggest difference between the AFAP (the Federation) and other unions, is that its branches and Executive are made up of democratically elected MEMBERS, ie. pilots, all of whom do it on a voluntary basis!
Sui Generis