PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air and Baneasa airport
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2011, 12:50
Pilotinmydreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz Air and Baneasa airport

Having experienced what I term 'The Easyjet shuffle' before I thought i'd comment on my recent flight with Wizz Air from Luton to Baneasa. Obviously it's a Loco flight so I wasn't expecting much in the way of luxury. To be fair, the flight was OK although the legroom on the way out was dreadful (A320 with the plastic flight safety holders). The flight back had far more legroom as the seat backs were the standard type.

What I did notice however, especially at Baneasa was how much of a scrum it is to try and get through the boarding gate. 4 flights leaving pretty much at the same time through an airport with only 4 boarding gates with a very small waiting area, it seemed that the order of the day was to get to the front of the que first no matter who got trampled on. A poor woman who was pregnant got mercilessly shoved around and a couple with a small child and a push chair faired no better.

It was certainly not a pleasant experience and one that i'll probably avoid in the future, choosing to fly into the other airport in Bucharest even if it does cost more and is not quite as conveniently placed.

Just to balance things a little, I thought the cabin crew were very nice and pleasant, even if they wouldn't let the pregnant girl sit in the completely empty extra legroom seats.