PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2011, 17:26
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Grove;
I wish I had some specifics on HN 330 fleet, but I don't have anything current. If it is a "fit" for what you are looking for, hopefully it works out.

Me and a few others at BCA have looked into the CCQ and talked about it. I am up for contract renewal in 6 months. Based on what I know, and more importantly, what I don't, I will stay where I am.

If you are a 330 guy, you might want to try China Southern instead. 18k a month, and a good airline. I have flown on them a few times, and have flown with their "ex" crew here a few times. I don't know how they treat their expats. I do know that their pilot and fA's speak better english than most of the smaller airlines. That will at least make work easier. The money is good, and Guangzhou is a decent place for expats to live. Me personally, I actually like the Cantonese over all other Chinese, by far.

I wish I had more information. Part of getting by here is being comfortable with not knowing F@#$ck all. I have been here 18 months, and I fully expect to know less in a couple of years, if they haven't Sh$#@tcanned me by then.

One good thing about wide-body flying in China, is I believe all of the airlines pay full credit for the amount of hours you are in the aircraft. Unlike what ICAO allows, and many foreign airlines utilized, they don't discount the time you are "on break". At least Hainan is like this. I believe they all are, but if anyone knows different, please chime in.

KAL, and Emirates are the two biggies that I know that use this ICAO rule. You can fly 130 hours a month, but only get "credit" for 80-90. Not good, especially when you are traveling through many time zones.

Good luck to all who come here.