PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commander incapacity
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2011, 17:13
KLOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your further response. I think you misunderstood me. I took you as meaning that there had never been ( by extension never would be) an instance of an impaired Commander refusimg to accede as it would be certain to br resolved amicably. I remember the BEA Trident deep stall accident at Staines ( happened just up the road from where I lived) . There was much speculation after that Captain Stanley Key had become incapacitated and was in conflict with the two junior FOs. Some of my relatives knew the BEA captain travelling as passenger and they tell me that that was the word within the pilot community. I cannot verify this, I do remember the chief investigator saying that they knew what had happened ( premature retraction of the lead edges? ) but not why a 3 man crew had not heeded the stall warning.

So just to confirm, are you saying that pilots have not and have never had instruction on how to act in a scenario where a pilot who is deemed by the subordinate to be incapacitated and refuses to accede and the reason for no such instruction is the reason you adduce i.e it will always be resolved without conflict,

Many thanks