PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 14th Dec 2011, 15:49
Organfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankie_B wrote:
Wasn't the crew of the West Caribbean MD80 pulling hard on the yokes all the way to the ground when they found themselves in a stall at cruising level? It's not about whether sticks move together or not, it's about remember flying 101.
This whole discussion has already occurred, many pages ago, although I guess it is valuable to have new comments on it. (Something about a hamster wheel?)
The above fact doesn't prove that seeing the yoke back might not have helped in the case of AF447. It can't be proven one way or the other. And "it's about" BOTH; the two are not mutually exclusive.

What baffles me more is how little communication of any sort is going on (assuming the Popular Mechanics transcript is full). After the Captain enters the deck, there is a period of 1 minute 25 seconds when nothing is said at all. It is a long time, and I just can't believe the three of them would be sitting there completely silent.
Well sir, I'd counter that SEEING yokes back would constitute a heckuva lot more communication than they did have! And, I doubt that few of us can believe they were silent for that length of time.

Could be there is much more on the CVR that we read.
Yep! Something is being withheld here, so far. And, until and unless they share it with the world, we'll never fully know what happened. Mark my words, and as others have said, the final BEA report will be gamed. I hope I'm wrong.