PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Dec 2011, 12:21
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see illusions being shattered here not least with Galwaypilot. The fact of the matter that it's business as usual as far as airline recruitment is concerned. As in there are too few places for too many pilots. It was the same when I qualified, you might have to wait years before a job came up. Back then instead of sneering at the local flying schools. People found the money to get an Instructor's rating and bided their time.

People are luckier now than at other times. Ryanair recruits continously and if you fit their profile, Irish or not and you have the money. You have a chance.

Incidentally the age 30 rule is not hard and fast with Ryanair. I happen to know a few who were a lot older. But they had a connection to a certain flight school in Ireland. Indeed I would fancy my chances even though I am well and truly over thirty.

Galwaypilot evidently went to the 'wrong' Irish school. If you really want to get into Ryanair there is only one.