PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane talking: Bogan Air ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2011, 09:45
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
Yet another prediction of Qantas/Jetstar/CASA causing a disasterous crash unless "something" is done.
It will be a relief to the various doomsayers that post on PPRuNe, when this"accident" finally occurs.
I guess it is only a matter time until that does happen, statistically speaking.
Well if you have a look at the string of incidents occurring at these airlines you will notice

1. The same incidents were not occurring on a regular baisis 10-15 years ago.

2. How many more incidents of a similar nature have to occur until the regulator actually takes some action?

Tiger were dealt with pretty swiftly, meanwhile Jetstar appear to have some sort of systematic problem with people unable to conduct goarounds properly and QF have had 10 something engine failures.

Safe flying is about mitigating risk, and it is the regulator's job to ensure that airlines have procedures and training and maintenance in place to lessen the risk. How can the same thing keep happening and yet nothing is done about it? CASA took some pretty serious action against Tiger so how about some consistency?

For the record I am not predicting an accident anytime soon, however if the trend continues as it is, I think someone might get a bit unlucky one dark and stormy night somewhere. On saying that QF have been very lucky over past 10 years or have they made their own luck by having experienced pilots with a decent training system behind them?