PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line training
Thread: Line training
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2011, 07:46
break_break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks,
Great stories, and this pretty much sums up a few thoughts for those wannabes.

Don't pay to fly, I know some will jump at first chance available to them, especially from India. I know you're desperate, but don't do it. If you do, and you got lucky, remember that you'd just helped to keep benchmark at a lower datum.

Once you get your first taste of the big toys, remember it ain't over yet. You will still need to hold your fort, stay firm and believe that you're a professional, as much as some twits out there are spoiling it for us. A bond for couple of years commitment to an airline that pays you reasonably is an acceptable arrangement. I know some will argue otherwise, but as said before, some are just jerks that after a sponsored rating and line training, they flee without notice, for whatever excuse they may have.

Finally, remember the Florida story that was kindly shared by pilotbaba, regardless of its genuineness; it's a great story. You should NEVER accept any arrangement for upfront payment in securing training that benefits the company revenue operations. Kill the opportunists who have no sympathy in your situation, regardless.

All the best to your endeavor.