PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane talking: Bogan Air ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 23:36
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackhand, both QF and CASA have been pissing in each others pockets for years. It used to give us all at TAA and Ansett the Sh%ts, as time after time they would have a "incident" that for the rest of us was a deadset could be disaster. As far as this crew were concerned none of us were on the flight deck, so we can only go on what was reported. As for myself, if given a F/O with such small hours on the clock, I would personally fly the thing myself, and give him as little work as possible, let some other skipper take up the slack as far as his training was concerned. Time and time again TAA handed me a " baby" time and time again, I did most of the work myself, my duty was to the PAX, not check and training. Selfish yes, short sighted, yes, but each Skipper has the right on his ship to how he runs it and he should and would expect a competent F/O by his side. I feel sorry for them both, the Skipper was not given what he was entitled to, and the young bloke/girl was not given sufficient training. The fault is totally with the company, not either pilot. It will be interesting to see if the pissing stops for this one.