PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 19:51
tarmac12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
making fun of you.

Thanks gligg,

You got a good laugh out of me.

Truck flyer, Sorry to hear your friend got mucked around so much. I did some right hand seat work with a guy last week (ICUS) and he wasn't anywhere close to the standard I thought he would be at. He was endorsed on type and had about 150 hours doing ferry runs. After about 4 days of solid flying with us he was getting it together and eventually got checked to line (not by me). Like your friend, this guy had used a training provider he thought was very good (I thought a German TRTO would be top notch). In reality it was cheap (fixed price) and they got pushed through.

I know with the Eagle Jet scheme you can already have a rating but do CAE require you to do it with them? Sounds like it might be a better idea to do your rating with the training provider or whoever they suggest so you don't end up like truckflyers mate who waited 12 months!

I found out yesterday that a guy I did my ME IR with a few years ago is still looking for a job. He is doing it through an Indian company with Lion Air. He was an international student at the school and said the job prospects in his country are so bad now that if he doesn't do the Lion Air programme he has run out of options. Apparantly the Indian guys get 3 year contracts after 500 hours. Anyone heard of this?