PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fears for Pentagon air power as Iran claims drone capture
Old 13th Dec 2011, 15:51
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TEEJ
You do seem a bit 'befuddled'!
Hi Teej,
Thank you for posting the pictures and I'm certain that once those images hit the internet it made the US story about 'technical issues' look somewhat silly. But I can assure you that the official claim was 'technical issues' until such time as those pictures were in the public domain.

The Apache aircraft I am talking about was filmed on a low loader and this truck was entering the grounds of what looked like a large embassy. My thoughts there are that this aircraft would have been stripped of any technology deemed to be of interest and then it may or may not have then been taken elsewhere.

This footage was shown either the same day or the day after that claim by Iraq regarding the old man shooting one such aircraft down. Do I believe that story about this person shooting it down? My thoughts are that it was highly unlikely, but do I believe the US bombed that Apache? I think your link answers that question.