PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestige Jet- All Merged Threads
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 15:27
KangarooFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptCal's True Reason for Leaving?

Hey, FlyTCI, if you know CaptCal from another forum, I wonder if you can reach out to him to verify this: I have it on good authority that the pay thing was an easy smokescreen, but that he really left because he did realize that the operation he was flying is illegal and that he could lose his license if he continued operating the B737 in commercial service under US FAR Part 91 - as discussed extensively in this thread about two pages back.

I would like to know if the legality is really the reason CaptCal left. His leaving allegedly over pay right after he said he has no trouble being paid doesn't sound very plausible, does it?

The other thing I'd love to know is: since CaptCal obviously had no use, regard or respect for any of us, I doubt that he suddenly grew a conscience because of the regulations which were quoted on this thread. That makes me wonder if some authority - FAA or EASA, since he jumped ship in London - got to CaptCal? That would be a very interesting development: intimating that, although GCAA doesn't care, maybe other authorities are finally looking at this operation?