PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian nå og fremover?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 15:01
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't ask for protection, I was asking what you full time "Norwegian Contract" guys (who I formerly admired for their T's & C's, especially in comparison to Ryanair) were thinking about , in allowing this to happen whilst fixating on short-term maintenance of your contracts, rather than seeing the danger of "divide & conquer" that you appear to be allowing to have a foot in the door.
There are many short term contracts available worldwide, perhaps they pull in the opposite direction to unions, perhaps not, but surely the point you should be addressing is not whether I wish to be a soldier of fortune, but why your union (with your blessing ? ) is allowing it to happen.
Someone amongst you should take a long hard look at what has happened in Ryanair this last 10 years, because what you are allowing to happen, is just the trojan horse your management are looking for.
Don't shoot the messenger, instead (if it pleases you) answer the question, or at least address it & its potential consequences amongst yourselves more fully, or repent at your leisure as you watch the train crash in slow-mo.
Most Scandi FO's I flew with this last 2 years wanted to progress to either Emirates or Norwegian, following the introduction of the Estonian contract in HEL, the percentage wishing to avoid the desert has dwindled to a trickle, don't you think this tells you something about the future of the company ?