PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanairs Christmas message
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 13:22
atcdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ATCO, I personally found this press release very insulting.

For a start, they way it is written implies that the sickness was somehow related to the £50 million payout (were we all too hungover to work?!).

Also, Ryanair abuse the filed flight plan far more than any other airline that I ever talk to. Despite this, we generally accommodate all requests and route all airlines as directly as possible, within safety, legal and procedural requirements.

With regards to a monopoly, yes this is true, but would any pilots like a choice of ATC providers operating the same airspace? This would be the only true non-monopoly. Ryanair could always fly out over the ocean (from Ireland) and through Brest control, or through the FIR to avoid NATS charges!

As for delays, NATS has European Delay Leagues up on its screens around Swanwick; before iFACTS training, we were often not even on the table, and even during the training we weren't the worst, despite being massively understaffed over the summer.

So, sorry Ryanair pilots, I will continue to be polite to you but you'll only get safe and orderly from me; no more expeditious for the time being. The only way we can get the message through to Mr O'Leary is by hitting him in the pocket.