PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 11:21
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets stop the rot before its too late!

Skyman, Lets not mince words here, the GA pilots were pushed out by high landing and hanagarage fee's.
From what I've been told the various operators have looked elsewhere because DTV's management are asking for too much money in fee's.
If you ran an airline and Leeds offered me £2 per landing and MME (dtv) asked for £2000 per landing, who would you pick??

Its all about management and who are the management running the show from the Trafford Centre?

I for one dont want to watch another Sheffield Airport take place.

Peel wont be losing money from DTV losses, their accountants will just be offsetting it against the thriving Robin Hood airport.

Did you know that their other field down near Doncaster (Robin Hood) was once a large RAF base called Finningley, which had just had millions spent on it, including a new runway, when it was suprisingly sold to the private sector! Guess who the private owner is?
RAF Finningley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hipenn, as for Teesside Park, its a VERY busy shopping centre. One which Stockton town centre could probably do without. I bet you also know a lot of people who travel 50 miles from the DTV area to the Metro Centre to shop. Its a demand thing