PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Required landing distance available. Does inflight requirement exist?
Old 13th Dec 2011, 10:44
Geardownandlocked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@safetypee

I was assuming that the table named QRH 'LDR' (note the 'R' - Required) implies that it is already factored, and this would be clear to anybody. Especially since there is also a table for the 'actual' landing distances. I see no reason to be cautious here. But I'm only familiar with my own company procedures.
You mention that the Boeing supplied QRH only mentions 'actual' landing distances. I suppose this would be because Boeing doesn't want to be between the regulatory organ and the airlines flying their planes. They just have the test results, which are used to calculate the 'actual' landing distances. Am I wrong to assume that all airlines would supply their pilots with a 'required' landing distance table? Because it would be a pain to calculate this every time before landing.

And ofcourse the circumstances under which dispatch, and the pilots before landing, would be different, resulting in a different calculated RLD, but I thought we were speaking about fundamental differences between the way dispatch calculates, and the way pilots calculate. To my best knowledge, there is no difference.