PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots warn about Turkish Airline in Danish news paper Politikken
Old 13th Dec 2011, 10:37
uniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest I do believe it because I've witnessed the 'talented' Turkish Hocams at first hand because I was sitting next to them for about 2 years. Now 10 years later I can laugh with it and am glad that I survived most of it. There is a big difference between the old generation fighter pilots () and the old generation pilots who have flown multi crew aircraft in the Turkish airforce, they are the real hocams. Let's say that in my experience about 30pct of the people I've flown with where real good blokes and very normal and enjoyable to fly with. The other 70pct however ....
The problem with Turks however is that if you criticise them that they immediately think that you criticise their whole nation while they criticise basically everything which is not located in Turkish teritory. I'm quite sure that the new generation is different because they have never been in the airforce and don't bring the 'attitude' with them so give them another decade (hopefully with no more accidents) and everything will be sorted out by itself. Let me however end on a positive note. I still love to go to Turkey on holiday because believe it or not I still have good friends in the airline industry over there but most of them have flown multi crew aircraft in the Air Force.