PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How bad can it get in cattle class?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 09:18
1DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just be happy that competition keeps the economy price down otherwise it wouldn't be possible for most people to enjoy their holidays in other parts of the world.
I took my family to Orlando last Easter, i flew an American legacy airline named after a river entrance, in economy.I used them because they were the cheapest, 6 adults and a childs' fares cost about the same as one business class ticket to Australia (or New York). I didn't expect much but the experience was adequate and good value for money. The aeroplane was clean and the seats were adequate for the journey, the cabin crew were efficient but didn't look as if they were enjoying their work so the smiles were missing. The food was basic but would keep you alive..
Overall i feel that i got what i paid for..
I travel to Australia every year to see family i try to fly business if i can get a reasonable deal, being retired i can be flexible in my timing. The price of a business fare has increased by at least £1k in the last five years but economy has stayed about the same. I think that standards of food and wine in business class have dropped in the last five years so if that has happened with a price increase the fall in standards in economy may well be greater.
I suspect i will be finding out soon because as business fares increase they are just about beyond my price bracket!!