PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saying your Squawk code.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2011, 08:52
Togalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many flights do it? Only the Middle East and Indian carriers do it!! Thats why I started this post in the first place.

Jeppesen Air Traffic Management 4.11.3 Radiotelphony Procedures for Air-Ground Voice Communication Channel Changeover

When so prescribed by the appropriate ATS authority, the initial call to an ATC unit after a change of air-ground voice communication shall contain the following elements:
a. designation of station being called;
b. call sign;
c. level, including passing and cleared levels if not maintaining the cleared level;
d. speed, if assigned by ATC.

Like i said earlier I get asked for a wind check OCCASIONALLY so does it mean I should just decide on my own to tell every controller the wind? Its NOT required DONT say it!!!

The guys here have a hard enough time just doing basic radio airmanship. Like waiting a few seconds after switching frequencies before talking, or saying your passing and cleared flight levels. Lets not confuse them any more.

CR is correct, adding your own little thing like saying "The" Emirates, or "THE" Etihad or saying your squawk just adds to the congestion.

Last edited by Togalk; 13th Dec 2011 at 09:06.