PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 12th Dec 2011, 21:39
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect to the pool, I have neither seen nor heard of any time limitations to tenure.

Additionally, with regards to the 737 fleet, it sits at about 19 frames; am I correct? 19 frames and decreasing by any account. Im not sure how many folks are in the holdpool, however I would stagger a guess that a large proportion are either 737 or A320 rated. As I am aware, BA are currently streaming holdpoolers in relation to their current ratings. However it hasn't always been the case and I don't believe it will remain so either. BA haven't recruited specifically to a rating a person holds. They never have to my knowledge. They appear to be more interested in a person who appears to fit BA itself. There are a few in the pool who hold ratings on aircraft that BA don't operate. There are others who are direct entry from the military world as well. What fleets will these candidates be flying?

Naturally and understandably, BA wish to keep costs low. However I don't believe that they actually thought that they can have 150 odds in a pool who's current ratings can be directly corolated with their fleet requirements. I, for one, don't believe that everyone who is 737 rated will end up on the 737. I don't think it is even possible? It is heartening to hear that courses are still being offered, even with all the economic uncertainty that surrounds us. How long these 'offers' actually continue remains unknown though.