PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2011, 19:00
FullTanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the early days of this and associated threads TalkPedlar and I posted some advice and guidance to prospective applicants regarding the seeming lack of care taken when posting; spelling, grammar, punctuation and avoidance of 'text speak' etc.
I rather suspect that few of those who may have fallen at the first post will still be reading here, but many of those who made it to their day at 'The Rivers' obviously are. My immediate impression is that recent posts by both those who were successful and by those who were not, is one of admiration for the quality of these messages. It is a pleasure to read such intelligent, insightful, helpful and carefully constructed comments.
Congratulations to the successful candidates and sincere commiserations to those who made it so far, but not quite far enough. Good luck in your future applications. To those who dismissed our comments as the thoughts of 'old f**ts', I think you will find that it did matter - and will matter in the future.
Flying for a living is a great career and BA, despite what you may read, is a fair and supportive employer with an unrivaled heritage, as you will see at the recently opened 'Speedbird Centre' in 'Waterside'. I was proud to serve for 35 years. Good luck to you all.

Last edited by FullTanks; 12th Dec 2011 at 22:07.