PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2011, 10:32
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure why "Batavia " is brought up in the discussion here.

If there was 12 under pair captains hired by a Singapore LCC, they would not have been trough the P2F, neither have I seen much companies offering P2F associated with Batavia, their standards might be terrible, I can not give my opinion as I do not have any details about them.

There is however enough threads that bashes P2F, rightfully or wrongfully, this thread could try to avoid these, and keep to the requested facts.
- and from first hand reports I get from my friend who is currently flying for Lion Air - it has been real hard work, and initially he was not up to standard, and it took much more time to get up to standard then expected. Even though he had a TR with a reputable german TRTO, which in his opinion compared to the requirement by Lion Air was well under pair with regards to training standards.
I guess it means a TR without experience is not worth a lot.

For some P2F will be the right choice, for many they will sooner or late at least have to pay their own TR to get a job, either we like it or not, good or bad T & C's.

If an Oxford or CTC student has an advantage due to the school they have chosen, and the overpriced training they have chosen, what is wrong for a modular who have spent considerably less to get himself an advantage, for less then the Oxford/CTC student would have spent in total for training + line training?

Fact of life, money rules, it seems though P2F is not a big problem, rather that we have to pay for own TR is the immediate issue which has come to stay, and associated with any new job today in addition to a salary that would even make an Aldi/Tesco worker on minimum pay go on strike.

How can the airlines defend paying their FO's £1200 to £1600 a month? That is the disgrace, but we accept it, and live with it, hoping for a sunny day in the future where there will be a golden package available.

However those in the P2F bracket, will have to go trough this after reaching 500 hours.
However the Lion deal, if it works, is not the worst on the market, at least they promise you 12 months of work, at reasonable pay, if it happens we will have to wait and see.