PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 22:26
City chump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Successful here as well: very tough day and thought I had blown it, so over the moon that it worked out in the end. It wasn't easy, and anyone who claims it was easy is fibbing.

Am also early-30s, having been waiting an awfully long time for some form of cadet scheme to re-open at BA - have been registered on the BA jobs site since it was first live 10 or so years ago waiting for just this! Also at OAA along with a few of the people above. Was the oldest on my day at Cranebank and the oldest by a country mile at the OAA selection day.

Quite a variety of backgrounds and flying experience, so I would not say to anyone unsuccessful that you should be "moulding" yourself to any one profile whatsoever. The sage, old advice that starts with choosing the A-Levels you are best at, rather than focussing on Maths and Physics to the detriment of results is obviously very true in this case, and continues to careers post-university as well. Good luck to the inevitably large number who will be re-applying (with wisdom gained from this year).

Thanks Robin, Lindsay and Philip for designing a robust process, though I may send you the bill for the hair dye I now use to hide the grey hairs gained since August. I know you, most of the flight crew (current and retired), and the training school teams have all been reading this thread (and having a good chuckle at some of the plonkers), and appreciate the hard work that the "other side" has put into restarting this process as well.

Now off to assist IAG revenues by booking a holiday before the hard work begins...