PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 21:30
BRAKES HOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my understanding the 3 x 76's will be around for many many many years yet.... (I'm making the assumputiong TC will be around of course!) In fact I suspect despite the desire to be all Airbus they'll still be here a long time after the 75's have been rolled over, as apparently it is still going ahead. The 76's are cheap(ish) machines and money has only just been spent on fitting the winglets with cabin refits in the pipeline. One is in germany on an 18 mth contract that's just kicked off for starters. In terms of longhaul they only do sparadic flights during the summer and then some of the winter programme (mainly goa this year), otherwise they're off on medium haul adventures - banjul, sharm and the like - the lions share of the carribean and americas goes on the 330's. As I understand it they're going to be keeping sfb and cun so i think it's reasonable expect at least a couple of the 330's to stay. The 4 332's are in LDL (downstairs toilets) config, although it works for TC it's hard to see who else would want these aircraft, it's not something that would fit comfortably into another fleet or that could be altered without great cost. I'm sure the P&O flights and the contracting will continue supplimenting work too. Don't forget with TC aircraft are often moved in and out of the uk to canada and europe (there's 3 333's in scandi also) so when it looks like something has gone it often hasn't and is still in the group (This summer there's been 2x OY's in the uk). On top of that coinsiding with the exit from the canadian affair work, the 3 'standard' config ex TCX 332's are going off lease this winter with one of those having already gone to transat.

I'm sure there's going to be more shake ups to come but as goldeneye says I can see a good chance of that happing too, Condor seem to have developed a business model that is working very well in the current climate. It will be interesting to see if that is eventually emulated within the UK.

BH

Last edited by BRAKES HOT; 11th Dec 2011 at 21:57.