PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Essential reading
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 20:18
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said there 'Led'

I fail to see the need to demonstrate a fully developed stall in an actual A/C of this caliber in the first place. I believe after a few years of flying machines around the sky that all is needed upon an endo is to be shown the signs & or be able to recognize the onset of a stall not the actual stall itself 'cause if you ever did get into a fully developed stall at low level especially in IMC in say a Metro for Eg then you had no place being there (flying). Simply understand how & why an A/C can stall (basic airmanship),know the signs & get on with it staying away from those situations in the first place.
Manufacturers go out of their way to protect us mere pilots with all sorts of devices to prevent stalling or at least give us a kick in the pants when it's about to happen with lights sirens shackers etc so why fool with that? It's beyond me!

Plenty of people have been killed foolishly playing with 'fire' (stalling A/C) so its stands to reason that sure show them the fuel for that fire,show them the match to start that fire with but sheeez never bring the two together when its known to be dangerous!

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 11th Dec 2011 at 20:22. Reason: grama & speeling:-)