PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME or Singapore
Thread: ME or Singapore
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 14:52
kushagarwal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ME or Singapore

Hey guys..
I am an Indian FO with 3000 TT, n 2000+ on the airbus 320 family. I wanna move out of India and have been considering jobs in ME and Singapore.
ME options are between:

Emirates (obviously): best option I guess, but short on experience (they want 2500 on Jets, I got jus over 2000) and out of a lot of ppl i know who went to dubai for selection, a handful only got selected. So not the easiest job to land.

Qatar: read on the forum abt the sad quality of life in doha and the crappy management. the airline expanding though and mayb good growth possible here.

Etihad: Dont have much info on these guys, but apparently a long wait between application and call from the company. Guess would be a good option.

Gulf: Again, not much info.

Flydubai: will have to change my fleet to 737, but they accepting non type rated guys under bond of 3 yrs. Best pay of the lot- close to 38000dhs a month(wow!!). I guess they have roster issues.

Singapore: Attracts me for the quality of life. Awesome weather year round, city is damn clean, infrastructure is amazing, etc etc..deterrent is the cost..very expensive city.

Tiger and Silk Air (Not sure silk air hiring FO though)

Please help me out here. I would like to know abt the payscales, work environment, growth prospects (command upgrade mainly followed by wide body upgrade), lifestyle, roster stablity etc etc.. I dont wanna move from one company to another to find that i have jus changed city and callsign, but am stressed out as ever.

(I m a petrol head, so wanna be able to drive the best cars, and this agn plays against singapore, but not the decider.)

Mayday!!