PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in your own aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 11:27
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry, T28.

This question exactly was posed to CASA prior to conducting an initial twin endo.
Because the type wasn't on the school's AOC, I had to conduct the endorsement using my instructor priviledges, but using the school's approved training syllabus (initial ME endorsement). Licence or rating issue, however, must be conducted under the AOC.

My advice is to ask CASA DIRECTLY, not using a bulletin board, and get the answer in writing. No FOI interpretational stuff ups then.

CAO 82.1 Conditions on AOCs authorising Charter and Aerial Work Ops

6. Obligations in relation to operating different aircraft models

6.1 This subsection applies to each operator who holds a certificate authorising charter, or aerial work, operations in an aircraft identified in the certificate by:

(a) manufacturer and type only; or

(b) aircraft class only.

6.2 The operator must ensure that:

(a) the operations manual contains current and appropriate operating information, procedures and instructions (the specific instructions) for each aircraft type and model operated; and

(b) before a pilot operates an aircraft, the chief pilot is satisfied that the pilot:
(i) is competent to operate the aircraft in accordance with the specific instructions for the aircraft type and model; and
(ii) understands the differences in each model of the aircraft type operated by the operator; and

(c) the operations manual, the maintenance control manual or other airworthiness control document contains appropriate maintenance control instructions for each aircraft type and model operated.

6.3 A current pilot operating handbook (POH) or aircraft flight manual (AFM) for the aircraft type and model when attached to the operations manual is taken to contain the specific instructions.

6.4 However, if the specific instructions in the POH or AFM do not contain instructions to ensure compliance with the Australian legislative requirements for operations of the aircraft type and model, these instructions must be stated in the operations manual.

6.5 In this subsection:
appropriate means sufficiently detailed to enable the safe operation of the aircraft type and model in accordance with the Australian legislative requirements.
Australian legislative requirements means the requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988, the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 and the Civil Aviation Orders.

Note An example of an Australian legislative requirement mentioned in paragraph 6.4 is the obligation, under regulation 220 of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988, to include in the operations manual specific instructions for computation of fuel quantities.

Last edited by MakeItHappenCaptain; 11th Dec 2011 at 11:44.