PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots warn about Turkish Airline in Danish news paper Politikken
Old 11th Dec 2011, 04:10
PA28Viking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foreign pilots warn about Turkish Airline in Danish news paper Politikken

13 current and past foreign pilots of Turkish Airline speaks out about the very low profiessional level of turkish pilots in the airline.

Google Oversæt

One quote from a captain:

"It is a dangerous company. I have never in my time as a pilot sitting next to a mate who was incompetent and just let the stick because there was nothing he could not handle. But I have now, "says one pilot.

The paper has also had access to british ATC reports stateing that Turkish Airline was the one with most level busts in UK Airspace

There are two articles and Google gives a good enough translation to english. The other one is here (the headline reads: Pilot of Turkish Airlines, "I never thought I would be afraid to fly" ):

Google Oversæt

Another quote:

"One of the foreign pilots tell of a conversation he had with a Turkish-pilot on a flight. The first officer told that he wanted a job in an airline outside Turkey.

I replied that he first had to improve his English skills. He said that he had indeed passed the internal English test from the Turkish aviation authorities. Next day we had to fly out of a major European airport. It was snowing heavily and there were many delays. In such situations, the air traffic control is busy. There are spoken quickly over the radio and they say many things outside the standard. The co-pilot knew nothing of what was said, so I had to take over radio communication. "

The airline rejects it all and no national or international authorities have noticed any problems (apart from the Amsterdam crash)