PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Refuelling JetA1 from drums
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 01:10
eloigorri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My maintenance used to get done at Don Muang Airport in Bangkok, but now sadly closed due to the recent flooding, and my MRO may not survive by the time it reopens. I have to macro manage all the maintenance myself to ensure it gets done correctly, which takes up considerable time and effort.

I relocated from Chiang Mai International due to the lack of usable hangers there, and because they started putting restrictions on GA operations.

I use my aircraft for private trips around the Kingdom, Phuket, Bangkok etc. As well as some humanitarian projects, the latest being flood relief, which can be very heart breaking to witness on the scale we have had here this year.

It is a great part of the world to be flying providing you award due respect to the convective activity always present, and have patience for paperwork and local quirks.

The Jetprop is a fantastic choice for my mission profile here, but it is payload limited, which combined with the prevailing density altitude makes for a two person aircraft with luggage, or four without luggage and full fuel.

I love operating it out in this region. The scenery is often breathtaking, and generally the operations are hassle free.

E