PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 10th Dec 2011, 19:42
golfcharlie232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To clarify a few things,
- First, I forgot to mention that most if not all people joining Ryanair had either first time passes or partials in their IR and CPL. I haven't come across anyone who failed any skill test before.
- Yes, the Irish guys did have the interview in the past 3~4 months or so. They're in Type Rating right now, not Line Training yet. There are a lot more French, Spanish and British than German for example, would that imply that Ryanair doesn't like German people? I would just tend to believe there are more job opportunities in Germany than France or Spain and hence a lot less people from Germany applying to Ryanair.
Less Irish than Spanish? Probably, but how smaller is Ireland compared to Spain?

"It all seems to down to the fact that the Irish crews(myself included) are annoying ops in STN as to why we have not got a base anywhere near home"
Ah well ... That's not the Irish crews, that's pretty much everyone. Who is lucky enough to have a base near home? Ok I know a few who actually got their first choice but most didn't.

Last point, the fact that people within Ryanair complain so much about the conditions is down to the fact that little efforts from the management could change a lot (particularly the base-attribution). It's really not a bad airline (for pilots), but we feel like it could easily be much better.