PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 10th Dec 2011, 18:47
Johnny Tightlips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golfcharlie232 has fairly much got it in one there, very good post. I have heard this not hiring Irish people lark as well and there seems to be some truth to it. It all seems to down to the fact that the Irish crews(myself included) are annoying ops in STN as to why we have not got a base anywhere near home even though we are in the company- in my case anyway, 2 years now.

For galway pilot. Your attitude is all wrong for an airline and you would not last one day in RYR. I'm not trying to be a pr!ck but just some advice. The world of Irish aviation is very small and everyone knows everyone, especially in Ryanair. We already know you come from Mayo and that you most likely went to one of the 3 Irish schools. You were talking about a school in the south west and some crap about trading animals.Some of the instructors there are Ryanair CPT/FO, they will spot a bullsh!tter a mile away. You have to tone it down a bit, it would be very easy to find out who you are and believe me it's not what you know but who you know in here.

The best bit of advice I was given when I joined Ryanair was: "Keep your eyes and ears open, and your mouth closed"