PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2011, 11:31
ILS32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTV Future
but regardless of what I think I'll do my best to support the airport until the end, people on this thread should think twice before posting as they don't realise how potentially damaging some of their comments are.
You say that you will support the airport but thousands no longer do so.You on your own can't sustain passenger flights at DTV.Why have the locals stopped using the airport?Once you get onto the downward spiral the routes decrease,passenger numbers drop,less flights.Its happening now and has been getting worse over the last few years.It can't all be down to bad management,but they haven't helped in the last few years with some of their decision making.Unfortunately DTV is situated between 2 expanding airports,Leeds/Bradford and Newcastle.Why are they doing better than DTV? There provide more flights and are continuing to expand their route networks. This then brings in other airlines who are prepared to offer new destinations that people want to fly to, so further expansion takes place. People may want to fly from their local airport but if there is no where to fly to they go else where.If DTV had managed to bring in a low cost airline.to set up a base maybe they wouldn't be in this predicament who knows.The future does not look good.