PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The bed bugs have no class in this joint
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2011, 11:29
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rodney, 1a, Ramble....

By all means make your displeasure known..i.e. Thin walls, noisey A/C etc etc, in point of fact, contact the duty manager and get it sorted (everywhere Ive worked there has been a station manager as well a a hotel rep with whom you can remonstrate).
Im afraid however moaning about paper cups, proximity to an embassy thats about as secure as it gets (any of you EVER been to the US embassy in London?) On the basis of your OWN personal preference/predjudice...is just outrageous...as was correctly ruled.
Id be plain old embarressed to complain about a chip on the door...or some thread-bare carpet (where I work there is a formal reporting procedure for this kind of stuff)
You guys need to wake up and smell the instant coffee, and not endorse wasteful pointless chest-thumping for the sake of some long lost panacea in aviation folklore.
Hotels will often try it on with aircrew as they can sometimes them as money for Jam....so by all means grizzle via the appropriate means for REAL issues....but for paper cups and a percieved terrorism risk? GIVE ME A BREAK.