PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The bed bugs have no class in this joint
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2011, 02:32
1a sound asleep

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ramble on maybe we should all read these reviews

Manhattan Beach Marriott - Reviews - Manhattan Beach Hotels - TripAdvisor

"The room was dirty - no, it had been cleaned, just not very well;
The doors in the room were damaged. Not just scratched - large chunks of wood were missing;The drapes had holes in them;
I asked for a higher floor room - even though the hotel wasn't fully booked, I was put on a lower floor looking over the hotel rooftop which had trash on it;
The room was dirty - did I mention that?;The fan in the bathroom was so loud I thought I was staying at an airport hotel;Room service trays filled with food were left in the hallway all night long."

"The service is terrible. Room service menu is a joke (1 page laminated card) and they are not open at lunch.
The rooms are typical marriott (dated with antique TVs)
Don't let their adds fool you the golf course is a joke.
When you read the boxes that describe the property realize they don't have the descriptor "dump with poor service"

"Ah, when I say sleeping, I don't mean it. This is a 'party venue' so I was kept awake much of the night by the loud, drunken conversations of fellow guests as they headed back to their rooms. 'Breakfast the next morning a shambles - buffet laid out but only half of the items described on the menu available and the restaurant was staffed by the surliest, most unhelpful staff I've met in the US. Usually no matter how cheap or pricey the location, staff are lovely and we feel so welcomed."

"Oh my gosh! My husband stays at this property, (business related) SEVERAL times a year. Last month I joined him for a weekend ... only to find tiny black creppy bugs on the sheets and bedspread. The next morning I had several BUG bites on my ankles and legs!!! My doctor told me that it was probably 'bed bugs'. I've done a little reseach on the subject ... and it's becoming a wide spread problem. Anway, it's a lovely property, if you don't mind traveling with your own sheets and towels.