PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 23:23
tarmac12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything now.

Idsouto,

If you don't expect do go from a MEP to jet until your 45 you should look at another line of work!
The tried and true method that many people took before you just doesn't happen quick enough for you I see. Alot of people on this forum want instant gratification. I will again try to post something constructive.

With the global market the way it is and so few jobs on offer, those who can wait it out will be the winners. Aviation is cyclic and has always had peaks and troughs. Many aviation hopefulls will simply give up all together or let thier currency lapse. This will put all the smart guys and girls in the position of being able to say to employers that when the market was down, I stayed current and tried to fly as much as possible with what my budget would allow. The ones who walked away and then came runnning back when hiring resumes will be in a much less favourable position as when the question is asked of what they have done since getting thier licence the reply will be "nothing". Not the best thing to say in an interview!

Hurry up and wait isn't the answer anyone wants to hear but I don't think P2f is the answer either. If you feel P2f is your only option and your not going to put yourself or your family in a compromised postition financially, then do what you have to do. I wish you the best of luck with your aviation career. Be as professional as you can and don't let other people's poor standards rub off on you. If your going to Asia dont loose your temper in public or berate a superior in front of other employees.

Good luck and safe flying.