PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 9th Dec 2011, 19:27
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But on a serious note, I don't discuss such things on the FD anymore. Can cause heated debates - believe me I have had a couple of experiences (and I'm a reasonable guy ;-D). Rather not go there anymore.
Now why does that not surprise me? It would appear from your rather 'abrupt' and insistant replies to my musings telling me how unbelievably wrong and rubbish my speculations are that you have a bit of a 'bull in a china shop' approach.

A good discussion involves accepting that the other person has a different opinion and respecting that whilst using reasoned argument to try to gently convince them that their viewpoint might be flawed in respect to your viewpoint. Such discussion can be very useful in whiling away the time on a long trans-atlantic to Barbados for example, something I think you don't know anything about.

Interestingly, on a similar trip, we got round to discussing the reduction in recruitment and an interesting idea came forward which was the FPP. They will be recruited on different pay scales and pensions and thus will cost far less in the future. Which will BA rather cull back now and invest in into the future we wondered?

Obviously the musings of a bored crew but interesting nonetheless.

MikeHotel, you're welcome.