PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 19:12
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Public comments on the lates news

Similar news paper page but with all the public comments at the bottom of the article. Makes interesting reading on how the public see things.

Is this the final curtain call by Peel Plc to push the councils out of any descision making?

Fears for future of Durham Tees Valley Airport - Local News - News - Gazette Live

A sample of the public comments:
Wayne
1:40 PM on December 9, 2011
As an airport I have seen better in third world countries. The amenetys are horendous both in arrivals and departures. Now having to pay six pound for the pleasure as well? The security are the most ingnorant people I have ever met.
As has been pointed out if two planes arrive at the same time you que outside.
If it wasnt for work and the fact that it's only 10 minutes in a taxi for the red eye flight, I would never use it when you can travel a bit further and fly from Newcastle which is worlds apart from the sh1thole that is Teeside , sorry Durham tees valley airport.

Gasbag 12:41
It is blatantly obvious to a blind man that Peel have a deliberate policy to run down our airport. Look at the number of flights we have lost since they have been involved.
Peel own both Liverpool & Doncaster, both of which are booming. Losses at Teesside are offset against their profits and the compensation from BMI Baby no doubt found its way into their coffers.
I don't know the legalities of the share dilution, but surely the councils cannot just accept this and hand over a prime site to this bunch of crooks. Lets hope if it does close, they never receive planning permission to redevelop the land.

Goodcopbadcop 2:02
Have I got this story right, the local authorites, our local authorities have invested money, our money, taxpayers money in the airport and now the airport are "demanding" more of our money, taxpayers money to retain their current stake, which by association is our stake. Given that the airport made over two million pound loss last year, I have to ask is this a good investment. Its time the local authorities told the taxpayers just where they invest our cash and what we get out of it. I can see another Icelandic Bank Scenario on the horizon. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?