PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Required landing distance available. Does inflight requirement exist?
Old 9th Dec 2011, 18:14
Vaneev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Required landing distance available. Does inflight requirement exist?

My question to pilots who fly in accordance with JAR–OPS.
Below I quote JAR–OPS requirements (in short)
Please, tell me does this requirements only for dispatch, or they are valid, when pilot in flight make a decision to land or not to land?
If special inflight requirements exist, please quote.

Thank you in advance.

JAR–OPS 1.515 Landing – Dry Runways
(a) An operator shall ensure that the landing mass of the aeroplane... allows a full stop landing from 50 ft above the threshold:
(1) For turbo-jet powered aeroplanes, within 60% of the landing distance available;

JAR–OPS 1.520 Landing – Wet and contaminated runways
(a) An operator shall ensure that... runway... may be wet, the landing distance available is at least 115% of the required landing distance, determined in accordance with JAR–OPS 1.515.
(b) An operator shall ensure that... runway... may be contaminated, the landing distance available must be at least the landing distance determined in accordance with subparagraph (a) above, or at least 115% of the landing distance determined in accordance with approved contaminated landing distance data or equivalent, accepted by the Authority, whichever is greater.