PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett administration could take years
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2002, 21:35
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Quoting you out of context, Buster? NEVER.
Here's a little memory jogger for you:-

Buster Hyman
Over 500 posts. I really must consider clicking here so I can order a Personal Title.
(posted 7th February 2002 19:25)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaptin. Are you saying we should all resign en-masse from the unions? Do you think it'd work???

--------------------
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

(posted 8th February 2002 08:54)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaptin. Are you saying we should all resign en-masse from the unions?
(Buster Hyman Esq.)

Let's look at some relevant details, Buster:
i)The majority of the ex-Ansett employees are waiting for long overdue payments of their ENTITLEMENTS;
ii)The ACTU purport to be representing these employees wrt obtaining their entitlements;
iii)The Government & Air New Zealand have paid several hundreds of millions of $$$'s to Ansett (the administrators?) for the purpose of (partly) paying staff - yet to the best of my knowledge this money has nor been disbursed;
iv)The administrators have indicated that they will request to continue trading insolvently until the deal with TESNA is consumated - or collapses;
v)The ACTU has an apparent desire to see TESNA acquire ownership of Ansett, and as such (the ACTU) is able to effectively veto other creditors (such as Westpac and Diners) BECAUSE they represent the largest $$$ value of secured creditors - the ex-Ansett staff.

Ansett staff want their money - the ACTU NEEDS the Ansett staff - esp. those who have NOT resigned.
This is surely a strong bargaining chip for all of you to collectively use to gain at least further PART PAYMENT NOW, under the threat of placing your representation under another charges responsibility.

It's YOUR money that the ACTU are using to play this game - at no risk to themselves!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Angry pills?? Could be the ones who are reading it are the angry ants.
I type with a smile.