PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fears for Pentagon air power as Iran claims drone capture
Old 9th Dec 2011, 12:03
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is reminding me of all the hysteria regarding the demise of Bin Laden..

'He is not dead and if he is produce the body'..

When the pictures are shown of the body we then here screams about..

'It could be an impersonator and this is all just a US publicity stunt!'

To ask for Iran to produce the inner workings of that aircraft is probably NOT going to happen and who knows where those parts are or even what country they are in.

Does anyone SERIOUSLY believe that
a) Iran would be so silly as to produce a home made fibre glass replica of something they had not seen?

b) Would the USA over fly Iranian air space with a toy replica full of advanced technology just to 'fool' the opposition?

With the greatest of respect to all our resident experts:

c)How long would it take for Iran to figure out they had only captured a toy replica?

Iran had this thing in their possession days before they went public and I am guessing they were not playing tiddly winks during that period.

I am NOT saying you folks are wrong when you suggest this is a fake but the reasons for your suppositions make no real sense especially as both parties are in agreement about this captured vehicle. One side states one of theirs is missing over Iran and the other side claimed to have captured it days before the US came clean!

How often have we heard the US denying their aircraft have been shot down and the reasons for it crashing were due to technical issues?? Yes a thousand times yes we all accept that drones along with other aircraft do have technical issues, but to me this thing was very cleverly captured by Iran and it looks like they hit the jackpot by capturing a state of the art RQ-170.

My main concern is why there appears to be no inbuilt technology that destroys the thing if anyone attempts to meddle with it.

I do have an open mind regarding this things authenticity but so far the observations being forwarded to denounce it are less than convincing. The exterior material looks so cheap and the lines just look so amateurish, but who am I to judge what is real and what is false.